Learn more about UWHA membership and sign up to be an active member
Dear Residents and Fellows:
On behalf of the University of Wisconsin House Staff Association, welcome to Madison and the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics residency and fellowship programs!
You may be wondering: What is the UWHA and its purpose?
The UWHA represents you! It is an independent organization ran by fellows and residents and addresses issues directly affecting you during your residency and fellowship.
UWHA offers social and educational programming to enhance your residency and fellowship experience. Below are examples of some of the many benefits provided to UWHA members (along with spouses, significant others, and children):
- Negotiate issues, benefits, and policies with hospital administrators
- Newly renovated Resident Work Room (TV/Computer Lounge) for residents/fellows with late shifts
- TGIFs (social gatherings/happy hour) with FREE drinks and food for UWHA members and significant others at locations like the Memorial Union on Lake Mendota and the Great Dane, a favorite Madison restaurant
- Financial support for resident/fellow sports teams
- Monthly seminars on topics such as financial planning, contract negotiation, and selling one’s home
- Family events like our May Day Picnic and fall outing at Appleberry Farm
- Special events such as subsidized golf outings and March Madness bracket contest
- UWHA Website (http://www.uwha.org) that includes:
- Referral list with realtors, mortgage lenders and other local service providers recommended by current residents and fellows
- House/condo/apartment listings (for sale/rent) by outgoing residents and fellows;
- Classified ad section for buying and selling items between residents and fellows;
- Links to professional websites, department websites, information about Madison, coupons;
- Calendar of events hosted by UWHA, special deals and discounts for House Staff, and much more!
To join UWHA and receive all of these great benefits and services, please fill out the online membership registration form: http://goo.gl/forms/TpD5bTu2kv
Once you submit the membership application, payroll will automatically deduct $4 each month from your paycheck. We promise you will get a lot of “bang” for your buck, and as an organization independent of the hospital, we can’t survive without your support!
If you are interested in taking a more active role within the UWHA, we’d love to hear from you! Please contact your department representative or email us at email@example.com.